Tennis – Adult
The Peoria Park District “LOVE”s tennis… do you?
Adult Beginner Tennis Lessons
This 4-week class will teach proper grips, strokes, serving, game rules, scoring, etiquette, basic strategy and lead up games.
Adult Intermediate Tennis Lessons
Players at this level should have a solid forehand and backhand with some basics of the serve. The volley, overhead and other strokes will be taught. Match play will be observed and doubles introduced.
Courts are used on a first-come, first-serve basis with 1 hour limit for singles and 1.5 hour limit for doubles. Players may remain on courts longer if no one is waiting.
- Glen Oak Park Tennis Center, 2218 N. Prospect Rd., Peoria, IL 61603
6 Hard Courts (4 lighted)
- Bradley Park Courts, 1314 N. Park Rd., W. Peoria, IL 61604
6 Hard Courts
- Richwoods HS Courts, 6301 N. University St., Peoria, IL 61614
6 Hard Courts (Peoria Public Schools courts)
- Charter Oak Park Courts, 5802 N. Orange Prairie Rd., Peoria, IL 61615
2 Hard Courts (both lighted)
- Northtrail Park, 1621 W. Meadowview Dr., Dunlap, IL 61525
2 Hard Courts
- Sommer Park North, 6600 N. Basket Oak Dr., Edwards, IL 61528
2 Hard Courts
Community Partner: Peoria Tennis Association
The Peoria Tennis Association is a community tennis association, offering a year-round schedule of social events, leagues, ladders, and competitive tournaments. The group is interested in providing and expanding opportunities for tennis players.
Annual dues are only $12/household (renewed and prorated to April each year), and members receive a monthly newsletter. For more information, visit www.peoriatennis.com or write to the Peoria Tennis Association, PO Box 3331, Peoria, IL 61612-3331.