The Peoria Park District does not collect personal identifying information about you and/or your dependents except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. The Peoria Park District needs this information to register an individual for a Peoria Park District program or when you use certain Peoria Park District products or services. In some cases if you do not provide this information, you may not be able to participate in the requested program or service. A participant’s name, address, telephone number and other non-statutory protected data are private and are not given to the general public, including third parties for direct mail or advertising purposes.
Upon request, the information provided will be released to: persons authorized to have access to the information under state or federal law; persons authorized by court order to have access to the information; persons to whom written consent has been given to have access to the information; and all individuals employed by or entities under contract with the Peoria Park District who have a need and a right to know the information in order to administer, manage and improve Peoria Park District programming.
Information Collection and Use
- The Peoria Park District collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Peoria Park District account or when you use certain Peoria Park District products or services. The Peoria Park District may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you register with the Peoria Park District or request certain services, we may ask for your name, email address, mailing address, phone, birth date, gender, and/or zip code. Once you register with the Peoria Park District and sign up for our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The Peoria Park District also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address.
The Peoria Park District uses information for two general purposes: to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Except as provided in this policy, the Peoria Park District will not give, sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- The Peoria Park District may share personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the Peoria Park District’s Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Your Peoria Park District account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
The Peoria Park District uses industry-standard encryption to protect the confidentiality of the information you submit to us during online interactions. The Peoria Park District takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Online Park District services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by the Peoria Park District, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
The Peoria Park District may amend this policy at any time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the office of the Executive Director of Parks and Recreation at 309-681-2803 or by email at [email protected].