If you are looking for a great facility for your group’s next camping outing, look no further! Acquired from W.D. Boyce Council of the Scouts BSA of America, Camp Wokanda encompasses over 300 acres of woodland area with a lake for fishing and various camping amenities. Whether you like to rough it or camp with a little more comfort, Camp Wokanda will fit the bill! Within the Camp there is a dining hall, sleeping cabins, program buildings, and more. The Camp also offers programming such as naturalist tours and environmental educations for interested groups.
Wokanda is a great location for a family reunion, wedding or simply a weekend unplugged.
Camp Use Guidelines
- Alcohol is not permitted at Camp Wokanda except by special arrangement at Dining Hall and OA Lodge.
- Proof of Host Liquor Liability insurance coverage is required ($1 million liability coverage with the Peoria Park District listed as additionally insured for the event).
- Check-in and check-out times (noon) should be held to unless special arrangements are made in advance.
- Quiet time is between 10 pm and 7 am.
- Cabins and campgrounds should be in a clean condition at checkout.
- All items in cabins and campgrounds must be returned to their original locations.
- Campfires are allowed in designated fire pits only.
- Fishing is catch and release.
- All garbage should be deposited in the dumpster by the maintenance building, located in the lower parking lot.
- Fire extinguishers should only be discharged in an emergency situation.
- Respect to other campers’ space is expected.
- Pets are allowed on leashes. All pet waste should be picked up and disposed of properly.
- Parking is only permitted on the hard-surface, designated parking lots.
All rentals require advanced reservation and pre-payment.
Call Camp Wokanda at (309) 579-2157. All rentals require 50% deposit to hold the date; full payment required one week in advance of rental date
Download a Liability Waiver Form
CAMP WOKANDA ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
Camp Wokanda and Forest Park Nature Center offer school day programs and overnight opportunities at Camp Wokanda. All classes emphasize a hands-on approach to learning (examples below). The park has some wonderful assets for outdoor learning including a sparkling lake, a beautiful lodge that features a long porch for eating lunch, a virgin prairie remnant, a mature oak/hickory forest and plenty of hiking, canoeing and fishing.
For details on any of these opportunities or for overnight accommodations, call Camp Wokanda at (309) 579-2157.
NEW! Boy Scout Merit Badge Program
Camp Wokanda is excited to now be offering a Boy scout merit badge program! Scouts may choose from Bird Study, Environmental Science, Fish and Wildlife, Insect Study, Nature, Weather, Mammal Study, Plant Study, Wildlife Survival, Reptile and Amphibian Study, Art, Gardening, or Camping. $15/scout ( with $150 minimum)
Upcoming Programs and Events at Camp Wokanda
Join us for our wide variety of educational programs, art classes, outdoor activites and special events at Camp Wokanda. Spaces are limited for some and may require registration and prepayment. Click on or highlight an event in the calendar below for more information. You can also call us at (309) 579-2157 or e-mail programming director at [email protected].
**’SUBSCRIBE’ to our “EVENTS” tab on Facebook for immediate notifications on our Classes and events!**
CAMP WOKANDA HIKING
Take a Hike!
Camp Wokanda has over 3 miles of trails surrounding our rustic lodging accommodations and Davis Lake.
Camp Wokanda is an access point to the Illinois River Bluff Trail. The 6.9 mile trail is now complete and runs from the Valley Parking Area of Wokanda all the way to Detweiller Park. Combining your hike with a backpacking expedition to Wokanda is great training! (Click on Illinois Valley River Bluff Trail Map below.)
Click below to download a map
CAMP WOKANDA ILLINOIS RIVER BLUFF TRAIL
The scenic Illinois River Bluff Trail starts at the Lower Valley of Camp Wokanda. Embark on the 6.9 miles of steep and hilly terrain as you travel through Robinson Park, Green Valley Camp, and Detweiller Park.