Forest Park Nature Center
Peoria Heights, IL
Do you enjoy bird watching or hiking? Forest Park Nature Center is for you! Forest Park Nature Center offers seven miles of trails for hiking and nature enjoyment and is home to a retail shop that features fair trade, environmentally-friendly items. Interested in learning more about nature and all that it entails? Forest Park Nature Center has classes for adults and children alike, covering topics from bats to bugs and everything in between. Guided hiking tours are also available.
Get to Forest Park Nature Center by bus using CityLink route #2
The Nature Center is proud to be a site along the Illinois River Road. Nestled in the beautiful forested bluffs of the Illinois River, visitors to this unique 540-acre Nature Center and Preserve will experience the natural realm of Illinois, where they will find:
- Seven miles of hiking trails through both forested woodlands and prairie openings
- A natural history museum and bird observation room
- The Trailhead Nature Store with nature-oriented and environmentally-friendly items
- A variety of educational programs
- Over 500 acres of dedicated Illinois State Nature Preserve
Forest Park Nature Center Hours
Nature Center – open year round
T-Sa 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Trails – Open year round; daily dawn to dusk
Some wheelchair accessible trails
Visit us today and see all the unique products that we offer! Become a C.O.R.E member and save 10%. Click HERE to download a C.O.R.E. Membership Form!