Soccer – Youth
Whether your child is 2 or 12, the Peoria Park District has a great soccer program available for them!
Our community’s health is a priority for us. We have put a number of health precautions in place to this seasion to keep you and your children safe. These include:
- Limits on the number of spectators allowed at practices and scrimmages
- Each family will have their own socially distant circles to sit in
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own soccer balls, in order to cut down on sharing equipment. (We will have soccer balls available for participants without access to their own.)
- Coaches will carry hand sanitizer in their coaching bag for players to use. Each player is encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
- There will be no “bench” this season. Any players not currently in the game will sit with their families in their socially distant circles.
- Participants and coaches will be allowed to wear a mask if they choose.
- Fields will be more spaced out than usual, to support social distancing.
- We will not be playing games with other teams this fall. Instead, Park District teams will break into smaller “pods” and have scrimmages once each week.
- Scrimmage times will be staggered and will include a 15-minute window in between sessions to allow teams to exit the field after their game without crossing paths with the incoming team.
HappyFeet Soccer • Ages 2-5 Years
HappyFeet is a fun “story-time with a soccer ball” program for kids ages 2-5. Each session will last 30 minutes. Each session builds on the last and our coaches teach curriculum that is appropriate for both age and skill level.
- Locations: Lakeview Recreation Center, Noble Center front lawn, RiverPlex, Detweiller Park, Glen Oak Park, and Proctor Recreation Center.