Commitment to Diversity
In 2019 the Peoria Park District (PPD) Board of Trustees accepted a Commitment to Diversity that outlines a 4-pronged approach to advancing equity in all that the Peoria Park District does.
4 pronged approach to advancing equity, include:
- Ensure Equitable Access to Parks, Facilities, and Programming
- Focus on Diversity of PPD Workforce
- Encourage Diversity of PPD-Funded Contractors and Suppliers
- Support Community-Wide Workforce Development
- October 2019 – The Peoria Park District Board receives and files the Commitment to Diversity.
- October 2019 – October 2020 – Park District Staff implement programming and policies in line with the Commitment to Diversity and track progress.
- October 2020 – January 2021 – Park District Staff revisit Commitment to Diversity to update strategies to advance 4 prongs for 2021-2022.
- March 2021 – The Peoria Park District Board receives an update on the Commitment to Diversity from staff.
- July 2021 – September 2021 – Park District Staff present progress on Commitment to Diversity to Ad Hoc Diversity Committee.
Equitable Access to Parks, Facilities, and Programming
Diversity of PPD Workforce
Diversity of PPD-Funded Contractors and Suppliers
Community-Wide Workforce Development
Do you have a question about the Peoria Park District’s Commitment to Diversity?
If so, please reach out to c[email protected] or 309-681-1200.