At the Peoria Park District we bring together passionate individuals who are focused on enhancing the quality of parks and recreation experience for all those who live, work and play in our District. Learn more about our fun, dynamic and innovate work environment below.
We contribute to healthy and vibrant communities by responsibly using our resources to offer high quality parks, recreation, and education experiences to those who live, work, or play in our District.
Building on our commitment to our PRAISE model for customer service, we agree to uphold the following values in our work. We will be:
- Professional: well-trained and proficient at all levels of our organization.
- Respectful: considerate of others and honest in our interactions; focused on opportunities for collaboration.
- Accountable: transparent and responsible for our decisions and their short- term and long-term impact on our District, our community, and our environment.
- Innovative: open to new approaches that achieve better outcomes and that make our District more financially secure while promoting sustainability of our resources; as we support innovation, we will prioritize environmentally sensitivity in all of our activities.
- Safe: proactive in providing safe spaces and places for those who work, learn or play in our District parks and facilities.
- Equitable: focused on equitable access to parks, facilities, and programs that promote healthy and active lifestyles across our diverse community, while also prioritizing a workforce, both internally and through collaboration and contracting, that looks like the communities we serve.
- We will be responsible stewards of all District resources.
- We will focus on services that make the greatest impact.
- We will create a culture that values and supports each other, those we serve and our community