Peoria Park District COVID Mitigation Impacts
PEORIA PARK DISTRICT COVID MITIGATION IMPACTS
January 15, 2021
The Peoria Park District will continue to ensure that our programming and facilities follow state public health requirements and urges our patrons to practice social distancing, wear a mask as required within the Governor’s orders, and practice good hand hygiene. Following are the impacts of the new guidelines that will go into effect immediately unless otherwise noted below:
Generally, all essential functions of the Peoria Park District will continue. All employees must wear face coverings while working outside of their individual work space and in that space when physical distancing is not possible.
- Parks and Trails: Will remain open to the public. Group sizes limited to 10, face coverings required for group recreation activities.
- Camp Wokanda: Group sizes limited to 10 or fewer for indoor cabin rentals.
- Forest Park Nature Center: All trails remain open; the retail shop is open at reduced capacity. Program/Events maximum size of 25 participants if outdoors.
- Lakeview Recreation Center: All current sports guidance remains in effect. Athletic rental groups allowed up to 25 people. Pickleball will resume play on Jan 25 (face masks required) Dance classes offered both in person and virtually (pre-registration required, begins Feb 6)
- Logan Recreation Center: Continue Moonlight Coalition for Adult Learning classes with maximum of 10 students and teachers per group. Staff is using Zoom to keep classes going and limit in person contacts.
- Noble Center for Park Administration: Remains closed to the public. Staff will answer phones to support the public from 9am to 1pm on weekdays. The facility is closed for the MLK holiday on Monday, January 18.
- Owens Recreation Center: All current sports guidance remains in effect. Open Skate will resume with 25 person max (pre-registration required), 1 on 1 skating lessons continue, 4 week group lessons begin in February with a group size of 10 or less (pre-registration required with registration opening on January 19).
- Peoria Park District Golf: Courses currently closed for the season. When courses reopen, advanced reservations required (at ppdgolf.org or by phone). Golf Learning Center indoor hitting area open at reduced capacity; GLC retail shop open at reduced capacity.
- Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum: Remains closed. The PlayHouse continues to offer virtual programs and maker kits for children and families. These include PlayDates for young children, Real Tools workshops for children ages 3-12, PlayHouse Everywhere Member Workshops, and KidTastic kits for kids. To learn more, please visit PeoriaPlayHouse.org.
- Peoria Zoo: Open with reduced capacity in Zoo and Safari Gift Shop. Payment will be accepted at entrance. Group size limited to 10. Face coverings are required at all times. Effective January 16.
- Proctor Recreation Center: DREAM2 after-school program will continue with maximum of 10 students in a learning group; the facility will keep the weight room open with limited hours (max of 4 users at any time in the weight room with face coverings at all times, pre-registration required). Beginning January 19, athletic rentals will be available with a maximum group size of 25.
- RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center: Open for Member use only at reduced capacity. Modified usage includes small group training, personal training, cardio/exercise (group exercise class size limited to 10 people), and lap swimming (private lessons will resume – lap swimming and lessons will required pre-registration). Face coverings required everywhere but pool. Due to AquaPlex access needs, RiverPlex Locker rooms will be limited to a 10 person capacity. Please visit RiverPlex.org for up to date information about virtual exercise options and other member supports. In person group exercise classes will begin 1/19. Virtual class option will still be available
For a complete list of the Governor’s guidelines, please visit:
Updated January 15, 2021
Check out a map of our parks & trails!
Golf -Schedule your Tee Time!
The PPD Golf Courses are open and memberships are currently 10% off! Members can schedule their tee times online.
Peoria Zoo -Take a Walk on the Wild Side
The Peoria Zoo is open and excited for members and guests to visit. Tickets must be purchased online for non-members. Masks are required throughout your journey through Asia, Australia and Africa! Learn more and purchase your tickets at peoriazoo.org