Regular Volunteer Opportunities
volunteer sign up
If you wish to serve in the same capacity on a regular basis, we’ll need some information from you.
Online Sign Up: Click here to see regular volunteer opportunities.
- Once you’ve found a position that interests you, you’ll need to create a “New Volunteer Sign Up” (if you’ve never logged in before) and complete an application.
- We do accept court-ordered community service volunteers upon approval.
- NOTE: In order to volunteer for the Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum you must visit: http://www.peoriaplayhouse.org/get-involved/
- If you don’t wish to work online, you may also download a Volunteer Application* and send it to us via:
- Mail or Drop off at:
- Bonnie Noble Center
Peoria Park District
1125 W. Lake Avenue
Peoria, IL 61614
- Bonnie Noble Center
- Fax 309-686-3352
Regular VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum
The Peoria PlayHouse will be a hands-on, interactive children’s museum where children, along with their families, will dream, explore, and learn through play. There are many benefits to volunteering at the PlayHouse such as discounts in our shop, passes, and invitations to workshops and events, and much more! If you have a passion for working with children and families we encourage you to apply today.
To view more PlayHouse Volunteer Opportunities: CLICK HERE
To apply online visit: https://www.peoriaplayhouse.org/get-involved/
Peoria Zoo – Adult Opportunities (ages 18+) include:
- Interpreters: An exciting opportunity for those who love animals! Volunteers are stationed at exhibits and talk to the public about animals, answering any questions they may have.
- Assistant Zookeeper: Shifts from 10 am-1 pm. A great opportunity to work with animal environments. Volunteers assist in the cleaning of animal displays, windows, floors and other items as necessary.
- Animal Handlers: Love working with animals? Then this is the perfect opportunity! Volunteers learn how to handle and present selected education animals to use in programs and during talks at the Zoo.
Golf Course Volunteers
Golf Course Volunteers at Madison, Newman and Kellogg Golf Courses. 25 Volunteers (ages 21+) needed at each course. Volunteers may enjoy incentives such as waived fees, free course play and more. Duties include: Tracking pace of play and monitoring rule compliance, Addressing necessary course needs, Maintaining full water coolers around the course, Preparing Golf Carts between players, Assisting in the pro shops and handling customer inquiries.
Volunteer Starter Description+benefits
Volunteer Marshal Description+benefits
Would you like to have some fun developing teamwork skills in youth? Give coaching a try! Training for coaches is provided.
- WHAT IS A VOLUNTEER COACH?
Volunteer Coaches are those who wish to volunteer their time helping coach the youth of Peoria in a variety of sports. The time commitment depends on the specific sport but usually consists of one or two nights during the week and Saturdays for 1-2 hours. No previous experience is needed but having some background in the specific sport will certainly help. We will prepare and provide all coaches with the needed information to effectively teach and coach.
- HOW CAN I START?
Volunteer coaches are needed in a variety of areas each year – CLICK HERE to view opportunities and apply online!
Logan Recreation Center
Job Hunt Wednesdays
Every Wednesday, 9-11 am; Volunteers will assist with searching for jobs, interview practice and creating resumés.
Proctor Recreation Center
After School Youth Mentoring
Monday-Friday, 3-5 pm; Just having someone there can be the biggest difference! Impact the education of middle and primary students at Proctor Center’s After School program by working one-on-one with a child as his or her Homework Helper. Caring tutors may help with math one day and be reading the next, all while seeing first-hand the difference made throughout the school year.
The Book Court at Noble Center
Volunteers are needed to interact with the public, make a change, and love books. Volunteers may sit and read/work at a desk when no one is there. Can’t volunteer on a regular basis? Substitutes are needed Monday through Friday from 8:30 am-12:30 pm and 12:30-4:30 pm. Volunteers ages 18+ are needed to sort, price, stack and box books from 9 am-1 pm on weekdays.
Tutors for our GED Program at Proctor and Logan Centers. Moonlight Coalition is looking for tutors to help adults achieve their GED by helping with math and reading skills.
Contact to Volunteer:
Coordinator of Adult Learning
Peoria Park District Foundation/Moonlight Coalition
Heart of Illinois Special Recreation Association
If you are interested in helping with regular HISRA opportunities, such as camps, Special Olympics, FOCUS Program or Bowling, please call HISRA at 691-1929 for more details.
Environmental Volunteer Opportunities
- Peoria Wilds Restoration
- Forest Park Nature Center
- Camp Wokanda
- Sommer Park
- Luthy Botanical Gardens – Luthy Botanical Gardens Volunteer App