Southern District Trustee Vacancy
Peoria Park District Seeks Applications To Fill Vacated Trustee Position
Submissions due on or before May 31, 2019
With the election of Trustee Robert Johnson to serve as President of the Board effective April 24, 2019, the Peoria Park District Board of Trustees is seeking applications from interested residents of its Southern District to serve the remainder of Johnson’s term, which will expire in Spring 2021.
For the purposes of this vacancy, the Illinois Park District Code requires trustees to be a legal voter and reside within the Southern District of the Park District.
With these eligibility criteria in mind, interested parties are asked to submit:
- Letter of Interest with confirmation of residency within the Southern District of the Peoria Park District (CLICK HERE to view the Peoria Park District Voting Districts Map).
The letter should also address the following questions:
- Why would you like to be a Trustee on the Park Board?
- What issues do you believe are the most critical facing the Peoria Park District today?
- Most relevant experiences that will inform your work as a Park Board Trustee?
- Potential conflicts of interest that would affect your ability to serve
- Resume or Peoria Park District Volunteer form (available by CLICKING HERE)
Application packets may be submitted to the Secretary of the Board at 1125 West Lake Avenue, Peoria, IL 61614. To be considered, complete application packets must be received at the above address no later than 12 noon on Friday, May 31.