National Parks and Recreation Month
Every park has a history made up of thousands of stories that help to define it. This July, the Peoria Park District looks forward to celebrating its role in the lives of our residents and region.
Parks are at the center of so many experiences and memories — moments that park and recreation professionals help make happen. Our local parks are often our first experiences in nature, our introduction to a favorite hobby or physical activity. They are places to gather with friends and family, spaces to celebrate life’s special moments, spots of respite and healing, sites that connect us with essential community services, and so much more.
As part of National Parks and Recreation month, share you story below via our online form! You may even be selected and featured on our social media pages!
Help us share how Peoria Park District has impacted your life with a story, picture, etc. Share whatever you would like, but some ideas are:
- What’s your first memory of something related to a PPD park / facility?
- What’s the most surprising thing you’ve ever seen at a PPD park / facility?
- Share a memory of something that happened at a PPD park / facility?
- What are some of your favorite pastimes with PPD park / facility?
- Do you have a new traditional you’ve started that includes PPD park / facility?