Today’s planned gifts truly are the gifts that keep on giving. When given to the Peoria Park District, a planned gift can have ripple effects that touch millions of lives over time. Make a statement and ensure that your gift leaves a legacy that supports the health and vibrancy of our community!
A planned gift is one of the most meaningful ways to continue to support an organization that is dear to you and help to ensure that the things you love now will continue to be available well past your lifetime. Through a planned gift, you are also able to increase the impact of your commitment. You can make your planned gift today and provide a source of life-long income for you and your family, or you may wish to use your estate or tax plans to benefit the Peoria Park District and minimize taxation on your estate in the future.
Deciding whether to establish a planned gift and who to support is a difficult task. We are here to help and can work with you to tailor a plan that allows your gift to support your favorite part of the Park District, Whether that’s parks, trails, or one of our facilities and programs. YOUR intent will lead the way!
IRA Charitable Distribution
The easiest way to support the Peoria Park District now with no cost to you while getting to see your dollars put to use today!
If you are 70 ½ years or older, you may rollover funds directly from your IRA to the Peoria Park District Foundation, up to $100,000 per year, per individual IRA owner. Talk to your financial planner to set this up.
There are many ways to support the Peoria Park District with NO cost to you now, but will have a lasting impact later . Check these tools out:
A charitable bequest is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift to the Peoria Park District that will make a lasting impact.
A few examples of Bequests include:
- Percentage bequest – make your gift equal to a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest – make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest – make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Give appreciated stock in lieu of cash, resulting in tax savings.
It’s never too early to put the Peoria Park District in your plans. Regardless of your age, you can support the District today without spending a dime!
How can you do that?
- Name Peoria Park District Legacy Foundation as beneficiary of IRA or 401K.
- Designate us to receive all or a percentage.
- Balance passes to us after death.
Why Plan Today for the Future?
- Double the return on Savings
- Take Lifetime withdrawal
What Are the Tax Benefits of a Planned Gift?
- Double your return on Savings
- Your planned gift can help ensure the future health
of the organization.
- Planned gifts offer substantial tax savings to donors
- Giving a planned gift allows part of the estate to avoid the probate process.
- Planning for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one, providing inheritances for your heirs at a reduced tax cost, diversifying investment portfolio
- Through a Charitable Gift Annuity, you establish a meaningful gift to the Peoria Park District while providing yourself with income.
- By including the Peoria Park District in your future plans, you are ensuring we are able to use your gift to continue to serve our community in the ways that you loved during your lifetime.
To discuss any of these options or to get recommended language to use to make the Peoria Park District a beneficiary, please contact Jocelyn McDowell at [email protected], or call her at 309.681.2861
Please note the Peoria Park District Foundation cannot offer legal advice, but we are more than happy to start the conversation, provide resources, and connect you with financial professionals.